- All foreigners visiting Bhutan must have a valid visa clearance letter issued by the Department of Immigration of Bhutan prior to boarding of flight. They are required to produce a copy of the visa clearance letter issued by the Department of Immigration- Bhutan at the time of check-in. The Initial Reference letter issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs is not valid for Travel. Any passenger without valid visa clearance letter will be denied at Check-in counter and Drukair will not be liable for any claims.
- Tourist Visa for foreigners are to be arranged by authorized travel agencies only (BhutanTravelcations)
The minimum tariff for tourist visiting in a group of 3 persons or more are as follows:
- High Season Tariff: USD 250 per person per night halt (March, April, May, September, October and November)
- Low Season Tariff: USD 200 per person per night halt (January, February, June, July, August & December)
The minimum price includes:
- All internal Taxes and charges (including the royalty)
- All Meals
- All travel with a licensed Bhutanese Tour Guide
- All internal Transport
- Camping Equipment and Shipping for Trekking.
- The Rates given above are applicable per tourist per night halt in Bhutan.
- There shall be no charge for CHILDREN up to the age of 5 years except for Visa fee. However,those between the ages of 6 – 12 years accompanied by elder / guardians shall be given 50% discount on daily rates.
- Full time STUDENTS below the age of 25 years holding valid student identity cards from their academic institutions shall also be given a 25% discount on daily rates.
- Individual tourist and smaller groups of less than three persons shall be subject to surcharge, over and above the minimum daily rates applicable, as follows:
- Single Individual: USD 40 per night
- Group of 2 persons: USD 30 per person per night
- The surcharge will not be applicable to representatives of foreign travel agents on business study or promotional visit duly approved and cleared by TCB.
- All Indian Nationals visiting Bhutan does not require a visa to enter Bhutan.
- Travel documents required are passport or voters ID card or Citizenship ID card.
- Please note that a Person of Indian (POI) Origin and Overseas CID card is not admissible.
Bangladesh and Maldives
- Bangladesh & Maldives national does not require visa to enter Bhutan.
- Travel documents required are passports.
- For travelers on Business visa to Bhutan:
- Travelers on business visa will be required to pay $40 USD equivalent in Bhutanese Ngultrum at the immigration counter on arrival.
- Your business visa should be processed by your business counterpart in Thimphu’s Department of Immigration personally.